Image by David Dewitt
A chilly day framed in the window, a blanket over your lap, a hot mug of deliciousness held in both hands, and a solidly blank to-do list. That’s the dream, right? All the variables are up to you, of course, but when we’re looking for a comforting drink, sometimes we’re looking for something new. Our do-it-all Erin has been serving up this Earl Grey hot chocolate in our offices, and we think it’s so good you ought to try it too.
2 sachets of Earl Grey tea
2 tbsp hot chocolate mix
4 oz water
4 oz milk (plant-based milks work fine too!)
Whipped cream for bonus points
Let’s Get Cooking!
- Bring water to a boil, and pour 4oz into your favorite mug (or fill your mug halfway). Place tea sachets in water to brew for 3-5 minutes—any longer and it will be bitter.
- While your tea steeps, heat your milk of choice in a small pot. This will be quick, so keep an eye on it!
- Remove tea sachets, and stir in hot chocolate mix until fully dissolved.
- Pour in your heated milk and mix until everything is incorporated.
- Top your hot chocolate with whipped cream, directly proportional to how cozy you’re feeling.